Prioritizing a healthy workforce
Kaiser Permanente is different. As Colorado’s largest nonprofit health plan and one of the state’s largest multi-specialty physician groups, we provide health care and coverage together. For more than 50 years, we’ve served Colorado’s businesses, and we are always working to respond to the changes in today’s increasingly complex health care landscape.
New offerings to reach more Coloradans
Introducing the Kaiser Permanente Choice PPO. We’re expanding our nationally recognized value-based health care to reach more Coloradans. Kaiser Permanente’s new Choice PPO is offered alongside one of our traditional plans and is available to Colorado employers with more than 100 employees. It features a blend of Kaiser Permanente’s integrated health care and coverage with an extended network of leading Colorado doctors and hospitals, including access to providers across the state.
This expansion is part of our commitment to meet the health care needs of a growing Colorado — and to better our goal of growing our nonprofit, value-based care model. There are many benefits for Coloradans who will be able to receive medical care from Kaiser Permanente’s best-in-class physicians and clinicians while also enjoying the flexibility and convenience of additional options.
The Choice PPO is available now, with effective coverage dates of January 1, 2024.
Not your average health plan
TRANSITIONING TO KAISER PERMANENTE IS EASY.
Take a look at our:
- Broader choice of plan options, including POS, PPO, and Plus plan options with participating providers
- Variety of funding options to help control costs
- Disruption-free enrollment, for smooth care transitions (from common to complex)
- New Member Connect team to help with seamless employee onboarding
- Easier options than ever for seeking care and coverage away from home
Built for how people live today
Kaiser Permanente is different from other health plans. We offer more ways to access care with convenient, in-person and 24/7 virtual options, self-care apps, prescription delivery by mail6 and extended care hours. In most of our 30 medical offices, members can see a doctor, fill a prescription, and get a lab test or X-ray — all under one roof.
Our expert care teams are connected through a shared electronic health record that empowers them to collaborate seamlessly across departments and specialties.7 This model of integrated health care — pioneered by Kaiser Permanente — fuels innovation, creates new standards of care, and supports cutting-edge research. When everyone’s connected, care is better and more cost-effective. Kaiser Permanente addresses the health of your employees early, consistently, and effectively.
Quality care from Colorado’s top doctors
With Kaiser Permanente as your health care partner, your employees are able to choose a world-class doctor who understands their unique care needs. We’re one of the largest multispecialty groups in Colorado. Each year, many of our doctors are honored as Top Doctors by 5280 magazine9 and earn some of the highest clinical quality ratings from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
Members are able to get care from a Kaiser Permanente doctor or select one from our affiliated network of more than 14,000+ providers along the Front Range.8 And at any time, for any reason, members can change their primary care provider or specialist.
Call your broker to learn more or visit business.kaiserpermanente.org.
- NCQA is a third-party organization that receives both clinical quality information (HEDIS) and member survey (CAHPS) feedback to rate health plans nationwide. Kaiser Permanente is one of the highest-rated commercial health plans in Colorado for 2022. Kaiser Permanente specialists received the highest NCQA rating in 2022.
- Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system. For 2022, Kaiser Permanente Colorado received 5 out of 5 stars.
- Kaiser Permanente leads the nation in 42 HEDIS effectiveness-of-care measures. Our closest national competitor has only 14.
- Insure.com’s Best Health Insurance Companies of 2023
- Kaiser Permanente Insurance Company (KPIC), a subsidiary of Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc., underwrites the Participating Provider Tier and the Non-Participating Provider Tier of the PPO plan.
- Must have a valid prescription on file with a Kaiser Permanente medical office or through the Mail Order Pharmacy. Some prescriptions are not eligible to be mailed, and we are not able to mail to the following states at this time: Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, North Carolina, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and South Dakota.
- Affiliated providers who work outside Kaiser Permanente medical offices may or may not have access to a member’s electronic medical record.
- Primary care visits with an affiliated provider may have a higher copay and coinsurance than visits with a Kaiser Permanente primary care provider. Choice of provider and provider location information are current at the time of publication, vary by plan at the time of selection, and are subject to change. Visit kp.org/findadoctor for a list of participating providers.
- Kaiser Permanente physicians named Top Doctors by 5280.
Colorado state law requires that a Network Access Plan be available that describes Kaiser Permanente Insurance Company’s network of provider services. The Network Access Plan will be available starting on October 1, 2023. To obtain a copy, please call Customer Service at 1-855-364-3184 or visit kp.org/choiceppo-colorado.
THE SUM OF EXCELLENCE
- Doctors recognized as best in specialty areas1
- Kaiser Permanente Colorado was rated the highest-performing commercial plan in 2022 by NCQA1 for 43 of approximately 130 effectiveness of care measures.
- Medicare’s highest rating 5 out of 5 stars2
- Health plan quality3
- 1,300+ Kaiser Permanente doctors
- 425+ doctors recognized as Top Doctors by 5280 magazine since 2013
- 6,000+ care team members and staff. One of the largest health care employers in the state
- 30 medical offices along the Front Range
- 14,000+ affiliated network providers along the Front Range
- Rated #1 overall for customer satisfaction by insure.com4
- Kaiser Permanente: A better option for Colorado businesses
- Kaiser Permanente’s new Choice PPO
- Insights to keep your business healthy
- Why employee mental well-being should be a top priority for Colorado businesses
- Here’s how to manage employer health care costs in Colorado
- Business leaders: It’s time to think differently about health care